-->

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Zoo-adventures!


Once again, I'm going to the zoo for some studies of aminals... We went kinda late so we only had about an hour to do some sketching. This was what I was able to muster...

I got kinda worried near the end, 'cause in one of the monkey cages I was drawing from, I noticed that the monkey was eating SHREDED OFFICE PAPER.

WHY!?!??!?!

I mean,,,, that's just WRONG! I know it's trees, and the billboard with the animal information stated that this monkey ate leaves and tree bark, and other vegetation, but shreded office paper isn't "vegetation"... DX I mean, the monkey looked kinda happy? I think the squirrel that ran off with his apple traded him the apple for a "box of surprise", and that's just what the monkey ended up getting... SURPRISE!

Right when we left the zoo, we had a bit of time to hit the Norton Simon Museum to grab a free print (Plus, it's free if you're a student), and we grabbed this painting of The Birth of St. John the Baptist painted by Bartolome-Esteban Murillo~

No comments: