-->

Friday, October 01, 2010

Fig Knit-On

As a lot of you know, I've wanted always wanted the yarn bombing (knit graffiti) trend to come to LA, like it already has all over the world. And now it's FINALLY here! Check out my artwork along with many many others who will be "tagging" Figueroa in front of Future Studio! The studio will also have knit/crochet artwork inside :) Next Saturday!!




Here are some examples of past yarn bombs done all over the world. The bus has been my inspiration from the START.



Aaaaand for those of you who are super curious to know a little bit about the work I will be showing (it will only be up during the day and for most of the night... Unless someone else takes it down?)~ Here's a few snapshots of my Newsstand cozy:







And here's a shot to give you an idea of how big it is:


I worked on MOST of this over the past month D: I can't believe I did so many granny squares! I'm ready to fall over!

~~~

On another note, I'm getting hyped for tomorrow. It'll be 24HR Comic Day~ What a challenge! So much going on, and so little time. So remember to mark your calendars for the Yarn Bombing extravaganza called "Fig Knit-On"! :]